Friday, March 21, 2014

#LovelyLocks

For the past few months I’ve been trying to do everything possible to help my hair grow and obtain some #LovelyLocks for the summer! Thanks to the my addiction to #Pinterest I’ve been able to easily find some good, easy go-to tips.

I think most ladies understand the basics of what we need to do/give up to achieve healthy hair:

-Stop using any heated tools such as hair driers, curling irons, straighteners etc. This actually worked out really well for me because I got my hair permanently straightened around Christmas time and it still remains fairly straight without any heat applied. 


-Stop bleaching or dying hair for a few months. After 5 years of being blonde I decided to give my hair (and checkbook $$$) a break and go back to my natural brunette hue for the winter.

-Take time to massage shampoo and conditioner into scalp to facilitate follicle growth.

-Avoiding putting hair up in ponytails, braids or any hairdo that will put #stressonthestrands.

-Using a leave-in conditioner. I love It's a 10 Leave-In Conditioner! I use it on my damp hair after I shower to keep my strands hydrated, smooth and glossy. 


As far as what tips I've recently learned and have acted upon.... -

I’ve read plenty of places online that #Biotin really helps hair grow fast but when I took it I didn't feel good and it also makes you break out if you don’t have any skin issues. I know of a few people who have used #Biotin and they loved it because it helped them clear up their skin WHILE helping to lengthen their locks. If you're in that boat, definitely get some!

Unfortunately for me, that idea was out of the question after undergoing the unpleasant side-effects. I then decided to read about some techniques for hair growth that didn't involve any supplements to avoid any odd side-effects.

I’ve been playing it safe and using #Organix Coconut Milk shampoo and Conditioner. It already seems to be helping my hair by making it very soft and manageable. 



Recently I read that combining Aloe Vera lotion and honey (and tea leaves, if you so dare) help with hair growth...

Of course, the abundant amount of articles going back and forth about trimming hair for growth always leaves me feeling guilty when I get my hair trimmed often. Many articles say getting hair trimmed every 4-6 weeks (on average) help hair remain strong by getting rid of split ends and to help hair grow. 

On the other hand I’ve been reading up on this new hair procedure called the Split End Repair Brazilian Blowout where they basically put this repair solution on the bottoms of your strands, then blow dry the solution and then straighten the bottoms of the strands to lock in the product and seal the ends for future growth!

Unfortunately for me, I think that this Brazilian Blowout Split End Repair procedure is fairly new and isn't around any of the salons here. I’m hoping in time they become more popular and become part of the regular salon services.

For now, I am going to stick to using my Coconut Oil shampoo and conditioner, my It's a 10 Leave-In Conditioner and letting my hair free and out of braids or ponytails to avoid any stress or breakage.

I am also due to receive a package of ItWorks Hair Skin Nails at the end of the month from one of my friends' business. I'm hoping that it will be a success and one of my next blog posts to share with you all!

If you have any hair growth tips that you have found work for you feel free to COMMENT below!


Stay tuned and stay saucy!
Cara

No comments:

Post a Comment