Monday, August 8, 2011

#saucysummer

In order to keep your summer at it's sauciest, keeping things fresh is key! For example, things that are not so fresh include: segways, suspenders, fannybacks, minivans, high socks, digital watches (unless you're an athletic betch/deck), etc. This post is mainly to focus on new, hot trends that will keep you up to date with ultimate sauciness!

First up would be my dream car at the moment, the Porsche Cayenne. [[emphasis on dream!]] This summer I've seen this car cruising around town and just can't get over how cute it is! Say goodbye to the old school minivans (sorry to have to hate on a Caravan), but this car is so pretty & betching! I especially like it in the more neutral colors (black, white, silvers).


Next, to touch on fashion & hair for a second. This past weekend two of my best friends from school came up to the Cape to visit me. One of them had accessorized her hair with a feather hair extension. I didn't even know that there was such a technique to ensure it stays in your hair until she showed and told me about it! I was so fascinated! These are definitely in right now, so you'd be wise to find a saucy salon near you and find more information about it! Plus, Ke$ha uses them, so that tells you how #funky&fresh they are!




This next topic is something that I, personally, have been struggling with. The IPhone-Blackberry Debate. Both phones are good, but I've noticed a lot of people divorcing their berries for IPhones. Sure, IPhones are super fast and take amazing muploads, but who can be so quick to give up on the zesty BBM feature (Blackberry Messenger). For me, it is a love/hate situation with both phones. I've not had the best luck with blackberries since my sophomore year in college, however I know myself better than to mess with the delicate screen of an IPhone. I'm pretty sure I heard that there's a warranty Apple has that ensures customers with a free screen replacement, but I'm not trying to be that betch who walks into the store once a month for that reason. Life is hard, right?  


This summer, I've had a hard time trying to fit in a good excericising routine. As I mentioned in a previous post, I went to yoga classes pretty reguarly every week last summer. This summer, due to work schedules & all, I found that it's important to be able to balance your time wisely. I have used going on runs as a good thing to fall back on, but I have actually also been doing some Zumba via YouTube. Now, I'm not saying that I don't look completely ridiculous doing some of the routines, but it is a really good workout! Plus, if you're anything like me, and you love the dance floor then this is for you! Not only do you feel better for getting active and moving, but you can also take some of these dance moves and bring them out to the bars to impress all who attempt to follow you on the dance floor. What else could be more of a win-win situation? I mean, really? Everyone wanted to have Channing Tatum's dancing ability when Step Up came out, right? ...well maybe not everyone, but I know I did... Give it a try & I'm sure you'll enjoy it. The videos range from all types of levels (beginner to intermediate, intermediate to expert, etc).


Last, but certainly not least, I will leave you with my most recent obesession. Smoothies, not only good for you but also so filling. I can't stress enough how refreshing this is after a day out at the beach or on the boat. Always fun trying new fruits to add into the mix, but be sure not to go too crazy! Some tastes were meant to not be combined. My best tasting smoothie included fresh strawberries, blueberries, bananas, Greek yogurt [Honey flavored], soy milk, and a good amount of ice (obviously...). Another benefit to choosing a smoothie for quenching a betches' thirst is that unlike soda or even lemonades, it doesn't make you feel consisitenly thirsty after drinking it. It's leaves you #full&satisfied!




Keep having a #saucysummer!!

No comments:

Post a Comment