Tuesday, November 22, 2011

#Julie&Julia

Bouef Bouruignon
Yesterday after spending the day shopping for #mother-daughterbonding, my mom and I spent the rainy afternoon cuddled up on the couch watching #Julie&Julia to get into the cooking spirit for our big Thanksgiving feast!

We wore our pearls and really got into the movie. As her only daughter, it was nice learning new recipes and dishes that we can make together.

We are going to experiment with Julia Child's recipe for #BouefBourguignon which is a combination of beef, bacon, onions, carrots, salt & pepper, red wine, tomato paste, thyme, and bay leaf.

Pegs or Julia Child???
Personally, I am not a big #redmeateater, but I am willing to experiment this one time for the occasion!
I recommend any betches who are planning on helping out this Thanksgiving with recipes and in the kitchen to take a look at her cookbook and recipes.










They can all be found online at http://simplyrecipes.com/tag/Julia%20Child.  Good luck & branch out betches!!!

Stay saucy,
Cara

1 comment:

  1. Good Luck cooking queen. If you nail the #BouefBourguignon let me know...I might demand a dinner party :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete